Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ultralight Trail Mix

Here is the recipe for my trail mix. Don’t get me wrong, nut based trail mixes are great, but I wanted to make a light weight version that still tasted good. If you find something else that is good or beneficial in it let me know. The nice thing about trail mix is you can customize it to your personal taste and needs. I’ll leave the quantity of each ingredient up to you.

Here’s how I do it

Cheerios - (I used Honey Nut because, surprisingly, they have more potassium than Banana Cheerios).
Dried Cranberry / Blueberry mix
Blueberry granola clusters
Shaved Almonds
Reese’s Pieces – (I used these instead of M&M’s for the peanut butter).

I package this into the small snack size Ziploc bags.

See you on the trail,
Lance

1 comment:

  1. I do about the same thing.

    Recently I've begun to mix honey roasted cashews & peanuts with Chocolate Teddy Grahams and M&M's. Has a good taste to it.

    ReplyDelete