Monday, July 12, 2010

Its Raining Beer?


Hey Everyone,

I took the day off from work (honey do list) to go for a little stroll. I planned a nice eight mile hike using a combination of trails, and enjoyed hiking from one high point to the next. However, upon reaching my final summit, I heard the unmistakable sound of aluminium hitting a tree branch. Imagine my surprise when a nearly half full Miller Lite can landed with a thud at my feet! I was, for lack of a better term, pissed. I grabbed the can, emptied the remaining contents, and decided to hike it back to the top in hopes of returning it to its owner! Well, it was no surprise that upon reaching the top, and questioning about ten people, no one saw anything. I'm pretty sure I found the guy (who shied away from me as I inquired about the can), but with no proof or pointed finger, I couldn't justify handing it to him. I crushed the can and hiked it back to the parking lot. In all my years of hiking, I've been through all types of weather, but this was the first time it rained beer on me.

See you on the trail,
Lance

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. A couple of months ago I went to Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge and some idiots were hitting golf balls. I took a few pictures and was about to call the Rangers. Next thing I know a couple trucks pull up. Grab the guys, cuff them and arrested them.

    ReplyDelete