Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rainy Days and Rainbows


Hey Everyone,

Well, I spent yesterday on the stream and in the rain. It started out as a nice day- good temperatures, overcast skies, and quiet. I managed to do quite well, by catching some nice rainbows. As far as I know, I only shared the stream with one other person, whom I ran into and chatted with. I learned a valuable lesson yesterday about rain jackets. I have a very nice Stearns "rain coat", but after about eight hours it reached its limit, and by the end of the day the only dry part of me was under my waders. Think about this when purchasing a jacket for hiking or fishing, what looks good and works from the house to the car may not be so good for long term use. Needless to say, I will be looking around for a new fishing jacket. Do you think they will let you return something if you've had it on in the shower? jk.

See you on the trail
Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment